Storage Plus VS. Self-Storage Facility
Saving Money with Storage Plus by 5R, Inc.
Renting a storage unit at a self-storage facility to store paper records is an option that some businesses choose because they are not aware of the savings available from a commercial records center.
While the Self Storage solution may appear inexpensive, it is not the most cost effective or efficient solution.
Businesses which use the services of Storage Plus benefit from the economic principle of economies of scale and have a distinct competitive advantage over their competition. Consider the following comparisons provided below:
SELF-STORAGE COST Using A 10ft x 20ft Unit
The average cost of a 10ft x 20 ft. unit is $125.00 per month/$1,500.00 per year. Without damaging the boxes by over stacking, this unit will accommodate 304 letter/legal boxes (16x12x10). This is a unit price of $0.41 per letter legal box, IF THE UNIT IS FULL. This figure quickly escalates if the unit is half empty. If the unit is half empty, at 152 boxes that becomes $0.82 per box, per month.
With Storage Plus, rates for any quantity of boxes are far below $0.41 and the more you store the lower the unit price. In addition, your valuable documents are never damaged by over stacking and you will never pay for empty space.
Over stacking of boxes causes them to collapse, creating an unsafe work environment in addition to making retrieval more difficult and time consuming. In addition to the direct expense of the storage unit, consider these additional, hidden costs:
STANDARD STORAGE VERSES STORAGE PLUS by 5R, Inc.
- You must purchase shelving
- Storage is charged by the unit, you pay for empty space
- No chain of custody documentation
- Over stacking boxes causes them to collapse. Which can damage valuable assets, making them harder and more dangerous to handle.
- Collapsed boxes can injure employees and leads to an increased number of misfiled files
- No knowledge of what is being stored next to you (like a can of gas, or what pests may be living in your unit)
Storage Plus by 5R, Inc.
- No cost to you for Shelving
- Storage is charged per box, so you never pay for empty space
- Every box and file that is handled is barcoded and tracked by our software
- Boxes are not over stacked
- Monitored security system, video surveillance, and backup power ensure your records are protected and accessible 24/7, 365 days a year
- Our warehouses are stand-alone buildings; with no other tenants, we only store business records
AVERAGE SERVICE VERSES OUR SERVICE
- Employees do not dress for working in a storage unit: which can lead to carelessness, lack of attention to detail, and injury
- No method of tracking, you lose track of what is in storage: and if/or when a file or box was removed from storage
- Files may not be returned back to the same box or to a box at all
- What happens when no one has time to retrieve a must-have file? Something that makes money for your business will go undone.
- Sending employees to find boxes/files takes valuable office productivity time, requires liability insurance, cost you mileage, and risks potential injury
- Employees won’t go to unit alone
Storage Plus by 5R, Inc.
- Your documents are kept in a clean, pest-free environment.
- Boxes and files are bar-coded to track movement
- Tracking software guarantees files are returned to proper location
- Ability to search status of files from home or office computer 24/7
- Request, send, destroy items, and even order supplies online or over the phone
- Our employees pickup and deliver items to you
This is what we do!
Still not convinced? — Try us for 3 months.
If after 3 months you are not a believer, we will take your boxes back
to any self-storage facility in the Tulsa area, at no charge!
Call Storage Plus by 5R, Inc. Today for a No Obligation Consultation.
Our Customers Love Our Work
"Thank you, Marlene - it is always so nice doing business with you!!"
"I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for all your help last week"
"Yeahhh!! Storage Plus has the greatest people to work with"
We partner with best in class companies to assist in delivering reliable & secure solutions to our customer’s data storage needs.